Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 3 – Top 5 pet peeves.

Oh man... Just five?!



1) The annoying things people do when thinking...
  • clicking pens
  • sucking their teeth
  • lifting up their mice at their desk and dropping them, several times
  • tapping their fingers on the desk
  • annoying things like that
2) People interrupting me when I'm watching a movie... Not so much if I've seen the movie, but the first time I watched the movie Knowing (even if it was a decent movie that ended HORRIBLY) I got upset with my future brother in law because I couldn't hear what was going on. I was super excited when I got to watch The Social Network by myself because its one of those movies that you have to pay attention in.

3) My perfectionism and procrastination habits - I had five years to plan my wedding... yet the day before, the month before and the hours before, I was running around like a headless chicken. At the rehearsal I was soo stressed because there were so many people there to help decorate yet I just wanted to do it myself because I wanted it my way. The perfect way. After it was about half done, I did (and you can ask people there) step back and look at all the centerpieces and had a bridesmaid go around to certain ones and add more feathers. When I was in college I would wait until the evening before, or even the morning of, to do my projects. Granted I did good work but somethings (like website coding) just can't be done last minute, there's troubleshooting you have to do.

4) Typos. And in my line of work, I see lots. I don't know why they bug me so. Maybe its because after an Art major, my second choice was English. I took two English classes both my freshman and junior years. I loved English. I live for correcting them. And for learning big words or random words. I love crosswords but don't do them often enough to be any good. And I love Scrabble although my brother refuses to play with me anymore because I cheat... (I just know words, if its any consolation we have him keep score because he's good at math)

5) Being talked down to. Whether it be from an older person, a guy (chauvinistic one at that), or random people. I hate it. You have no right to judge me. You don't know where I've come from, what I've gone through or what my aspirations are. So before judging me and my decisions why don't you stop and look at your own world and what you are doing wrong that makes you think that this is a socially or morally acceptable thing. 

I'm sure there are many more to take note, and one day I may take the time to write more so that you know what not to do around me...

No comments:

Post a Comment