Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 2 – Where would you like to be in 10 years?

Strange isn't it? Ten years.... what's so special about the number ten?



We met freshman year,
picture from senior year
Well ten years ago, I was in my freshman year. Meeting one of my best friends. In that ten years so much has happened. I lived and remember 9/11, I've had three jobs, four cars, went to four high school dances, went through my parents' divorce, moved out of my childhood home, got new siblings and stepparents, drank underage, dated a guy nearly a decade older than me got raped, I hooked up with a guy who forever damaged that relationship with my best friend, met a guy, moved out of my dad's house and into my first apartment (with the boyfriend), went to college and graduated, met more amazing people, got pregnant a couple times (yet have no baby, due to medical complications), married my roommate and best guy friend.... That's a lot.

Now, October 20, 2001 do you think I would say that this was where I wanted to be in ten years? Doubtful. Hell, at that time I would be stoked to know I would graduate high school AND college. I didn't even decide on college until after I'd graduated high school. I didn't think I would graduate high school, not because I would fail/drop out (although failing was a pretty real possibility), but more so that I was a pretty pessimistic person (even if it was only internally). I didn't think I'd live that long. It wasn't necessarily a suicide thing, just a feeling like something bad would happen and poof!, I'd be gone. So, when you ask me where I'd like to be in ten years, it still to this day is hard to imagine that far. I want to be alive, and happy. I would love for a child or multiple to be in the picture, but as long as I still have my husband I can get through whatever is thrown at us. God throws soul mates in the least likely location, just give up and voila! you find them. Hey, it worked for me. I just have to trust that wherever we end up in the next decade, is where we were/are supposed to be. Hopefully happiness and laughter will continue in our relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment