Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Leaving You In The Dark

Hola Fanatics!
So much has happened since I last wrote. I've been working on a website for my future step-mother-in-law. Which is proving slightly more difficult. I don't know if I've "lost my touch" or what. I remember website building as being so much easier. Just open a text editor and whip out a site. You would think that a job for this would make it easier to remember this stuff. And I guess in a way, I remember things that I had difficulty with during college. I hated working in tables in college. If you know anything about HTML (which most of you probably don't) there is a lot of work involved in tables. Its like putting together a bookshelf, all these different parts that
make up a total item. Same goes for tables. Anyway, in college you learn (at least I learned) tables are bad, and div tags were better... they are slightly more difficult to handle and maneuver, but that is what makes you a Webmaster. Well at the new job, they use ONLY tables. In fact, 98% of their 70+ sites are identical: same layout, same font, same style entirely. Its a boring process. I mean I have all these steps to follow for these new sites, but its monotonous and boring. Its not really challenging. I've had opportunities, I guess to learn more... challenging (not sure that's quite the right word), but I'm not mentally prepared to learn more advanced coding. And I'm not sure I'd be willing to learn from my "supervisor." Its not that he'd be a 'bad' teacher but he's a busy guy and I don't have the patience for him to get frustrated with me. At any rate, this new site that I'm working on is, well pretty. Its crazy. Its so out of my comfort zone... But I forget how to do some of this stuff... so then I have to look it up and its just not going how I want it to. I've gotten ADD with it... I can't stay focused on it. I mean I have 80-some pictures I have to somehow make into a reasonable slideshow and I can't concentrate on it... Plus, wouldn't you know it, I gave myself a deadline of.... NEXT WEEK!! Genius move, Krystal. *eye roll*


Anyway, I need to move on from that before y'all think I hate my job or something, I don't. Its just the same stuff everyday... So I get bored. Anyway, moving on. Wedding. I'm getting pretty excited about the wedding we are like 7 weeks away! Yish! We are on basically the downhill slide. We have a few things left to work out... but in the past week alone (well from last Friday to this Saturday), we've got our officiate, our flowers, our envelopes and postage (they're about 1/3 stuffed), got some entertainment aligned, set up a hair appointment and trial, and many other little things arranged. Eek! Its been about 1500 days I've been engaged.... Its crazy to think we're down to like 52 days. We still have to get the food all worked out and such and schedule alignment. We have to make sure the guys get all their tuxes, the minors get measured, the dj and photographer get paid. But my goodness.... Its all coming together... I'm soo excited. :) Anyway, have a wonderful night. I need to get to bed...

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't consider Iowa part of tornado alley...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Tornado Alley is a colloquial and popular media term that most often refers to the area of the United States where tornadoes are most frequent. Although an official location is not defined, the area between the Rocky Mountains and Appalachian Mountains is usually associated with it."
    [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tornado_alley]

    ReplyDelete