Friday, July 15, 2011

Dive into the Delve of the Lily

Most of you know me, unless you are my random German fan, of whom I'd like to get to know more about... Anyway, this blog isn't really a full on writing escapade, more like a list of random facts about me. Some of which you may know, others you may not. Its just a fun, quirky bit of information about me. I'm not going to give you much to go on as a summary here, so you will just have to continue reading.



1) I looked up 'delve' on Merriam-Webster to ensure, or disprove, the appropriate use of the word in my subject line. I am O.C. (obsessive compulsive) about little things that could make me look less intelligent than I know I am. If I feel I should know something, I won't ask someone nearby (I'm particularly known for this at work), I will look it up on the internet. Ah the internet, thank you almighty internet creator. I also, due to my obsessive-compulsiveness keep my desk at work VERY organized, keep my office relatively organized, and my life completely out of whack. But I'm working on that. You know how some people are either right brained or left brained? I'm both. No, I'm not saying I use my whole brain just like the front half of one and the back half of the other... My personality is as indecisive as I am about what we're having for dinner.

2) I would rather read a book than watch the movie anytime. However, in time sensitive cases, I will settle for the movie. However, I read My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult, prior to it being made a movie and loved it. Then when the movie came out my future mother-in-law saw it and told me they changed the ending. I was horrified. I refuse to see the movie. I also feel every person who has seen the Harry Potter movies but not read the books is HORRIFICALLY missing out. There are so many things they chose not to include in the movies, details that would be nearly impossible to show that I feel are important to the storyline. Besides, when it comes to books like HP, your imagination is all the fun. Don't get me wrong, I like seeing the movies (I've yet to see Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, or Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt.1 or 2) just to see how they did and how accurate David Yates was in the portrayal of events, characters, and situations. But rarely am I happy what I see. For instance HP & the Half Blood Prince was 153 minutes long, the book is 652 pages long. Full of detail at your imaginations expense. You can't get that in the movie. Just can't.

Moving on...

3) Some of my favorite sensory things are:
   Favorite Smell -  Vanilla or Fresh Cut Grass
   Favorite Sound to Hear - Locusts or infant laughter
   Favorite Sight to See- Fresh Snow Falling (before it gets run over or gets slushy) or Fireflies over a lake
   Favorite Thing to Touch - Grass while barefoot or pages of a new book
   Favorite Thing to Taste - Hershey's Bliss or Dove milk chocolates

4)There are some things that make me shiver/give me chills. Ugh Just thinking about this one is tripping my shudders) These things include, stepping on snow and that crunch it makes, silverware scraping on plates, people chewing ice, scraping ice off something (like the ice that's on a container you pull out of a freezer) and funky textures on my feet (like the bubbled shoes or textured socks)

5)I would suggest a long engagement to anyone who is considering marriage. You have time to procrastinate, or you have time to get everything done without the crunch time. I'll let you decide which we are. Long engagements work well if you haven't been with that person all that long before deciding to get engaged. However if you're a gold digger, and your man is old, the sooner the better. Skip the lavish $50,000 wedding. You're just spending more of your money. And if the dude's old, be faithful. Don't get kicked outta the will where you were receiving everything just because you were wanting a little young guy nookie.  

Wow, I have no idea where that came from. On that note, I think five sets of random factoids about me is enough for one day. Until next time, this is Author Perspective on Lily.

No comments:

Post a Comment