Freedom is all about choices, right? The right to choose: religion, words, worship, a speedy trial with jurors, fair punishment for crimes, and other things of similar nature.
Even when considering God, you have the right to choose whether or not you accept Him to be an active participant in your life, or if you believe the stories in the book of His word. Its up to you. A 100% in its entirety. So if the United States government and the Almighty creator give you those freedoms to choose, why in the hell would anyone else feel that they can deprive you of them?
Now, don't get me wrong there were inhibitors involved, but when someone is under any sort of influence of anything decisions should not be taken seriously. I mean when someone goes drunk to a courthouse court don't allow them to marry, no one ever takes a drunk or a drugged person seriously. So if a person says no, sober, sixteen different occasions (numerous times on each of said occasions) what would possibly make someone think it would be okay after I'd "had a few"?
That would be a good question for my rapist. You heard - or rather read correctly - my rapist. When I was seventeen years old, I was raped. I was dating someone who was nine years older than me, he was the typical "bad boy". All of my friends' boyfriends at the time were. During the day/week when we'd see each other, he was conscious of my wishes and followed them. On the weekends, he was more pushy, pressuring me. At first, I stuck to my guns, but then when we would go out drinking my defenses were down. Finally, one night, when I was completely obliterated I finally went along with his intentions. After that, I knew what I'd done, so I continued to have intercourse with him. I knew I'd had sex, lost my virginity, and there was no turning back.
After finally ending that relationship with an emotionally unstable boy nearly a decade my senior, I went on what some would call a skanky streak. I had many different boys, some of whom I did engage in intercouse with, most for all the wrong reasons. I learned though, something most people wouldn't like acknowledged, sex happens. Sometimes its in middle or high school, occasionally in college, and sometimes diseases and pregnancies happen. There's no stopping it from happening. Some times, as the phrase says, you "get lucky" and nothing bad happens, no teenage pregnancy or lifetime consequences that will forever perpetuate into your sexual experiences. So, parents, don't try to stop your teenager from having sex. Instead, teach them. Teach them to protect themselves, their futures, and others. Its important to educate. After all, the educated are the true royalty.
Agreed! I didn't Have sex until I was 19 I'm just one of many, I grew up with kids having sex early on of course when I was younger I was a lot more judgmental but seriously I don't think it truly matters its always up to you.
ReplyDelete