Tuesday, June 28, 2011
What a stye....
I'm no stranger to obscure, and uncommon medical things. In my 24 years, I've experienced two surgeries, kidney malfunctions, the typical vision problems (I've been wearing vision correction since I was 12), but my newest medical accomplishment? A stye of the eye. Its strange, styes are a common occurrence for my younger brother, and my older sister developed one recently. Styes are new to me. I was in normal condition (well as normal as I can be) when I was at work yesterday. I put on my sunglasses, stopped by my house quickly then headed to my aunts. After only an hour there, I headed home. After walking in my front door, a mere hour and a half after leaving there, I took off my sunglasses to this excruciating pain in my right eye. It felt like someone had poked me in the eye. I felt completely blindsided. Just an EXTREME pain. After an hour I checked my eye in the mirror to see that it was in fact swollen. I put a hot washcloth on my eye, as instructed, but alas... It got cold. At any rate, I was well asleep very early for a mid-twenty-year-old. I woke up this morning, with less constant pain, and more of a occasional "only-when-I-try-to-rewet-my-eye-type-blink" excruciating pain. At any rate, my treatment? A constant hot compress. So, due to my incessant secular pain in my head, my standard house-work sort-of duties have been slacking... Thus leaving me, and my home in the hands of a stye. Another time...
Labels:
daily life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Styes are a terrible business always getting in the way and the pain. :) I remember have had two in my freshmen year of high school I went 3 days with two in a row I was a trooper hee hee.
ReplyDelete