You all think I'm joking about the guest list... I believe our "calligrapher" is addressing some 260 envelopes. (A VERY Special Shout out to our "calligrapher" and "cake designer/baker" Amy Morley! <3 you!) Presuming at the very least, everyone brings just a date, (not including any children) we're looking at about 520 people. Then there was all the mayhem with the actual dresses. The bridesmaid dresses, all different in someway, were ordered at three different salons. This is partly due to location and partly due to timing. As of right now 4 out of the 5 are in, but they still need to be altered and such. Its quite stressful being in charge of these people, to know that they need shoes, accessories, and their dresses (altered and fitting correctly)/tuxes. But we're quickly reaching deadlines and that's making it even MORE stressful. Then there's all the bridal party rearrangement. This is not to mention the pastor scheduling, food all those things that stress the typical (and atypical) bride.
But we have hit the home stretch. Next week, we pay off the florist, the following we pay the dj off. Its all becoming so real. But nevertheless, Nathan and I are more than ready for the "honeymoon." I say it with quotes because its merely a weekend trip to Chicago. We both can't afford to take off more than a couple days off from work. So perhaps one day we'll be able to afford the typical honeymoon. But hey, when you've lived together as long as we have, the "honeymoon" period started some time ago, and its yet to end.
I've learned that living together before you wed, actually teaches you much more than typical dating standards (whatever they may be these days). You learn about the quirks about a person. You can't hide much when you live with a person. But the best part of rooming with your boi? You get closer, he becomes your best friend. And I know that Nathan is, and always will be, my very best friend. <3
Got my dress today and it fits perfectly, no alterations needed! Woot! That's one less stress right? :) I was going to text you but between cleaning and be totally engrossed in random websites all day I realized it was too late! <3 ya!
ReplyDeleteThat's so exciting! It is one less stress! :)
ReplyDelete